|Journal status: |
- Full listing profile: EightCap broker profile
Is EightCap safe?
- Investor protection: ...
- Regulation: ASIC Australia
- Publicly traded: no
- Segregated account: yes
- Guaranteed Stop Loss: no
- Negative Balance Protection: no
Is EightCap trusted?
- Information transparency: sufficient
- Customer service: ...
- EightCap website: semi-detailed, updated
- EightCap popularity (by visitor count): average
How EightCap works
When you trade in the EightCap OTC derivative products, EightCap acts as principal and EightCap is the issuer of the products.
A Forex contract is between you and EightCap, which means both parties act as principals to the transaction and have a direct credit exposure to each other. You do not trade through an exchange and are not afforded the protection normally associated with exchange-traded derivatives, such as guarantee arrangements. In particular, we are a market-maker, not a broker, and accordingly will always act as the principal for our own benefit in respect of all Forex or CFD transactions with you. We may conduct transactions to hedge our liability to you in respect of your Forex or CFD positions by undertaking transactions in the underlying products. Such trading activities may impact (positively or negatively) the prices at which you may trade Forex or CFD products.
(6) EightCap acts as principal in respect of the financial products traded by EightCap on your behalf regardless of whether EightCap is acting on your instructions or not. (7) Please note that in certain markets, EightCap acts as a market maker and quotes you bid and ask prices that may not necessarily reflect those of its liquidity providers. EightCap will only disclose that it is acting as a market maker in response to a written request from you to make such disclosure. You accept that in such markets, EightCap may hold positions that are contrary to your position resulting in potential conflicts of interest.
(8)Financial product trades executed through EightCap are routed to EightCap’s service provider, who then facilitates execution and/or clearing on its behalf. Depending on the relevant jurisdiction or exchange, either EightCap or its service provider will be the registered owner of the instrument, within its client omnibus account.
(9)EightCap may enter into arrangements with third-party execution and clearing providers for the facilitation of transactions and settlements, and avails monies received for margin calls and settlements to such providers for this purpose.
Where do your prices come from?
Our pricing is derived from several top-tier liquidity providers who stream prices to our platform.