|Journal status: |
- Full listing profile: IG broker profile
Is IG safe?
- Investor protection: no
- Regulation: BMA Bermuda
- Publicly traded: LON:IGG
- Segregated account: yes
- Guaranteed Stop Loss: yes
- Negative Balance Protection: yes
Is IG trusted?
- Information transparency: sufficient
- Customer service: ...
- IG website: semi-detailed, updated
- IG popularity (by visitor count): top visited
How IG works
(2) We will act as principal (and market maker) and not as agent on your behalf.
We hedge only when overall client exposure is skewed in one direction.
..we do not typically benefit from trading losses that an unsuccessful client may experience. Mostly, our clients offset each other’s positions. or example if client A buys one lot of the DAX and client B sells one lot of the DAX, both sides of the trade are covered. This means IG is not exposed to the profit or loss of either client. Instead, we make our money via the spread (i.e. the transaction fee) that each client pays to trade.
Sometimes, a large majority of clients will trade in one direction. When this happens, we will protect our exposure to risk by hedging in the underlying market. For example, if client A and client B buy the DAX, we may buy actual DAX futures. This then covers the amount we will pay out if both clients are successful.
The minimum funding amount for card payments is $300 USD, but there is no obligation to trade. There is no minimum funding amount for bank transfers.