Rakuten Securities Journal
|Journal status: |
Rakuten Securities |
- Full listing profile: Rakuten Securities broker profile
Is Rakuten Securities safe?
- Investor protection: ...
- Regulation: ASIC Australia
- Registration: ...
- Publicly traded: no
- Segregated account: yes
- Guaranteed Stop Loss: no
- Negative Balance Protection: no
Is Rakuten Securities trusted?
- Information transparency: high
- Customer service: prompt, useful
- Rakuten Securities website: highly detailed, updated
- Rakuten Securities popularity (by visitor count): low visits
How Rakuten Securities works
1.1 Rakuten Securities Australia is an issuer of contracts for difference (CFDs) and margin foreign exchange contract (Margin FX Contracts) through its online Trading Platform. Rakuten Securities Australia offers CFDs to the clients on indices, options, currencies, metals, commodities and such other CFDs as may be notified to the Client from time to time.
4.13 Your Counterparty Risk (Hedging) – Benchmark 3
Hedging is the practice of offsetting counterparty risk. Rakuten Securities Australia operates a market-making model, which means we may at any time choose to either Hedge or not Hedge any of our positions and have the discretion to change this at any time. To Hedge risk we enter into Hedging trades with Hedging Counterparties (or Liquidity Providers), where we hold Margin with Hedging Counterparties.
We may need to Hedge for a number of reasons including:
• to offset the risk of client Contracts made with us;
• discretionary Hedging to protect against market volatility; and
• to implement risk limits as directed by our board of directors and risk committee.