|Journal status: |
- Full listing profile: eToro broker profile
Is eToro safe?
- Investor protection: Cyprus Investor Compensation Fund (ICF)
- Regulation: CySEC Cyprus
- Registration: CySEC Cyprus, FCA UK, ASIC Australia, FSA Seychelles
- Publicly traded: no
- Segregated account: yes
- Guaranteed Stop Loss: no
- Negative Balance Protection: yes
Is eToro trusted?
- Information transparency: high
- Customer service: ...
- eToro website: highly detailed, updated
- eToro popularity (by visitor count): top visited
How eToro works
Can I trade Forex?
Unfortunately, eToro does not offer forex trading in the USA.
We will of course communicate with our users if we are able to offer such an option in the future.
Feel free to check out our full range of trading opportunities here: https://www.etoro.com/discover/markets
2.Our CFD trading service
2.1 We may act as principal or on a matched principal basis when providing you with the CFD Trading Services. This means we will be the counterparty to your trades.
2.5 If you are a retail client, we will make sure that you do not lose more money than what you have deposited into your account when you trade CFDs, as required under any Applicable Law. This is called "negative balance protection".
7. Conflicts of interests
7.1 We are required to act in your best interest when providing our Services. However, there may be instances where your interests conflict with our interests, or with another client's interests. For example: (a) we may execute hedging transactions before or after entering into a transaction with you to manage our risk in relation to the transaction, which may impact the price you pay or receive for such transactions, and we will retain any profits generated by such hedging. However, we are not required to hedge transactions if we do not want to;
(b) we may enter into arrangements with third parties, or with other clients, where we make payments to them or receive payments from them based on your trading activity or volume, where such arrangements are permitted by Applicable Law. These payments may include rebates, commissions, widened spreads and profit sharing;
(c) we may provide, pay or receive fees, commissions or non-monetary benefits where such payments are permitted by Applicable Law;
(d) we may share dealing charges with our affiliate companies or receive remuneration from them in respect of transactions carried out on your behalf;
(e) we may be the counterparty to trades that you enter into; and
(f) we are responsible for setting the price of instruments and products which can be traded on the eToro platform. This means that our prices will be different from the prices provided by other brokers and the market price, as well as the current prices on any exchanges or trading platforms.
8. How your money is protected
8.1 eToro Europe is covered by the Cyprus Investor Compensation Fund ("Fund"). If we fail, the Fund can return your money up to €20,000 or as may be updated from time to time.
3. The Company acts for all the clients as Principal and not as agent on your behalf. And therefore we act as the sole execution venue for all the orders placed. The Company executes transactions for the clients in capacity as market maker and you will be dealing with us and not with the underlying market.
Add new comment...